Monday, June 28, 2004

Work Station from Hell

 

This is the work station from hell....  thought I would share where I spend my days, listening to the endless chatter and needs of the dudes in blue. Yes, I know it is two different colors, but it is large...I had to snap two shots and piece together...apparently the light was better in the left half of the room... I actually was able to get out of the dispatch cave today and ride along with one of the officers (so I could get a take on what happens at the other end of my mike). Eight hours and 4 dramamine tablets later, I would say it is much more festive to be out on the road all day than in the cave...however, I would really suck as an officer, so I will stay put (yes, we arrested a nineteen year old for contempt of court...didn't show up or pay his last ticket...and I felt SO BAD for him...just a kid, and he was so sweet.  :::::stop shaking your heads, I told you I would make a bad cop:::::  The officer I was riding with---a friend---was laughing at me and said, "We aren't taking him to daycare, Christie, stop asking if he is comfortable and if he needs anything.").  It is easier where I am in that perspective, people are only a name, race, sex, and date of birth or social from my console, I never see that they are just kids, etc. These are just a few of the dispatchers takes on the people we work with, not all officers, many of them are actually inside the building all the time. (Some people call them "brass"...I have more....festive....names for some of them myself.)

Garfield says Ask Me If I Care...he is mine, by the way....hehehehe

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The top pic didn't come out. : (, but your entry is cute. I'll check back later! : )

Anonymous said...

Gator,
     I love your photos and I hope that you try to put the one on of the cop shop where you work again. Twstedwckdsis

Anonymous said...

I bet this is a stressful job... I admire you for doing it. :) judi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up! It looks very "busy" lol : )

Anonymous said...

I always thought this would be an exciting job..lol....as I can see it is that...hehehehe...and then some! I admire you strength!

E

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a job... Looks stressful and exciting!! I admire you for doing it.
Heather~

Anonymous said...

I don't think caring for the people you sometimes have to arrest would make you a bad cop!  I think it makes you a concerned and caring cop.  I just hope the kid learns his lesson.  :(

Anonymous said...

wow better you than me.....lol

Anonymous said...

We always figured you folks were just watching TV in there anyways, or knitting, or reading, or eating, and eating, and eating...

Anonymous said...

Very cool to see the inside world of Gator. ;)  Nothing wrong with caring about arrestees. They're human. They got caught making mistakes. Shows you've got heart. We could use that in our society.

Anonymous said...

whomever the higher power be, i pray blesses you!   holy cow that's truly a work station from hell.  like i said you're an amazing chick.