Tuesday, June 29, 2004

oh. my. <insert higher power's name here>!!!!

Ok, I was doing a nice, calm blog jog...

 

around my favorites when I encountered this written about (sorry for the redundancy) ONE OF MY FAVORITES, if only recently found, journalists... (I know this is a little late, but I have been working SUCH hours that the day off is what I need to catch up). As she is a big girl, I blah blah'd the parts that didn't pertain to me personally....but felt the need to <ahem> take up for myself....

 

"I came across this journal when my sister decided to total slam you for your views (let me apologize for her and the other nonbelievers)....blah blah blah....I am personally ashamed of my sister and all of her mindless followers and fear that she, as well as the others, will indeed burn in Hell for their ways and their misguidings.  Anyone who doubts the consequences of sin, in particular homosexuality, needs only to pick up a little book call The Bible and give it a run through....blah blah blah...What a shame that they will undoubtedly influence countless others to the negative making our job as good christians that much more difficult...blah blah blah... Comment from edited out for author's sake - 6/27/04 9:38 PM"

Ok, first, I am not mindless...and certainly not a mindless follower---I choose those I follow carefully before going into my blind followship. You may only call me mindless if you know me and have made that decision by careful study...and some have, and i respect that---for they did the scientific study needed to make that educated decision. Second, I am not a non-believer. There is definitely a higher power at work in our lives...it is up to the individual to decide which higher power gives them guidance, comfort, solace, and peace of mind, and not for anyone else to condemn. I have given the Bible a "run-through", and found it one of many interesting religious readings. Last, I am not here to "influence countless others to the negative." What does that mean, anyway? Even if I could grow an itty bitty mustache I would not resemble Hitler, mainly because I am a round chick lacking the Moe-style haircut, and also becauseI respect the right each of us is given to make our own decisions. (Seeing that you worship the way you do----do you remember who it was in your bible that actually gave "free will" to all? Do you wish to go against his writings by taking it away from the multitudes?)

Now...last but not least....I also wrote this in the journal in which you commented:

Judgement is not for any of us (including you, mere human) to make. Remember that as you pray to your higher power tonight, and possibly ask for forgiveness for breaking his rules?

p/s---live and let live.  c

Image title “Hypocrite” Unknown Artist

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gator! First, thanks for visiting; second, thanks for speaking your piece. If you read on today, my sister has since repented her words---thank you for sparing the details.

Anonymous said...

Applause applause!  Couldnt have said it better myself!
-Connie

Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON!!!!!!! I think you spoke nicely!!!!! I agree with everything you just said!!!!!
Heather~

Anonymous said...

Live and let live, is the only way to go.

http://journals.aol.com/danielled1/Everybodyknows/

Danielle

Anonymous said...

What bothers me is that anyone would waste even 3 minutes of their rather short lives spreading hatred and bigotry and have the gall to use Jesus Christ as their excuse for it.  Jesus washed the feet of a known prostitute - a "whore", one who many modern day judgemental Christians would stone to death in the Lord's name if that were still acceptible.  He washed her feet because he loved her.  He showed LOVE.  That was his thang.  So that's MY thang.  And if that's mindless, so be it.  

Great entry!  :)

Anonymous said...

I love your photos!

Anonymous said...

YAAAA!!!!!  You tell 'em Christie!!!!! : )

Anonymous said...

...it's a shame that people can be so harsh....I'm glad you stood up to it...

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

love is all there is.

Anonymous said...

God is Love, pure and simple, and does not endorse hatred in any form. How do I know?  She speaks to me directly every morning....(looking around for lightning bolts...) The last part I made up, but I believe the first with all my heart.

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? How did I miss this one? Bravo! Great entry...well said. :)  Now I'm off to find out what stirred all this.  Sheesh, being sick has really thrown me out of the loop. ::spinning my wheels to catch up::