Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Tolling of the Bells

 

Every day, promptly at 5pm, the bells in this church toll.  This is one of the prettier churches on the southern part of town (an affluent area). The bells make a gorgeous sound, I love listening to them...if I happen to be in the area, I will always pull over and just sit back for a few minutes and take in the sounds.

This is the view of the bells inside the tower, they actually swing back and forth when they are tolling. I wonder how they program them to play the music that they do.... I absolutely love the grounds at this church, they are beautifully manicured with flowers and statues everywhere...it is really a beautiful place. I'm sure the members love coming here for service...

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty pic!

E

Anonymous said...

Beautiful church. In downtown Savannah they have a church that the bell tolls every hour and I think half hour. I love listening to it.

Anonymous said...

wow that is very pretty!

Anonymous said...

The top one reminds me a little of Century Tower on the UF campus. I remember stopping to listen to the carillion whenever it would go off.

Anonymous said...

I am not a very religous person, but I grew up going to Catholic schools and one of my favorite things is the sound of church bells!  Great pics!!! (BTW...is that a U F Gators symbol???? hmmm I am a big- F S U- fan. This could get ugly come football season! (WINK) : )

Anonymous said...

What a nice photo...I'm sitting here imagining the bells.  Great evocation of emotion. :)

http://journals.aol.com/danielled1/Everybodyknows/

Danielle

Anonymous said...

In my town we have a bell tolling tower but it only tolls on Sunday! I love listening to it as well. What a lovely building.
Heather~