Wednesday, June 30, 2004

To Fry...

All this rain has left quite a dilemma in several southerner's heads this date:  to fry or not to fry? Green tomatoes are rampant in my neighborhood, and all the rain is causing them to blacken in places before they ripen. Everyone knows southerner's love some fried green tomatoes...this round chick included. I just couldn't bring myself to pull these two beauties today, even though the skillet called for more than just the one we actually HAD to pull. My uncle's (husband of Flower Queen the AUNT) garden, albeit small, is producing AMAZING numbers of tomatoes this year. ::::::::::doing the snoopy happy dance:::::::::::  This girl loooves tomatoes....

    

As you can see above, I jest not about the number of these jewels this year...each plant has at LEAST 20...guess it is time for me to stop dissin' the rain, eh? Anyone else in Jland having this kind of yield? The squash, corn, and beans are amazing, too.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love them both ways actually!!!!
Major yummies!
-Connie

Anonymous said...

Fry those babies...yum!

Anonymous said...

YUM YUM YUM fried green tamaters yum yum I love that moviee as well!

Anonymous said...

Fried green maters!!!! mmmm my mouth is watering just looking at this photo
Heather~

Anonymous said...

mmmm love fried green tomatoes!
We have about that many on our plants and we have 5 of them! Must be all the rain?

Anonymous said...

I was having a good run on the tomatoes this year. Between my niece picking them, the birds pecking them, and the splitting going on from the wet heat the crop is not doing so well. I have a lot though and I noticed one of the plants has started to bloom again.

Anonymous said...

mouth watering just looking at 'em....I love 'em too!

E

Anonymous said...

I love green tomatoes!!! And the color in these pics is awesome! The top pic could be in a magazine!!! : )

Anonymous said...

great book, great movie, great pic!