Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Duck River

One of the main rivers in lower Middle Tennessee...it looks harmless enough, but several people have drowned in rainy season because it becomes a torrent and runs throughout several counties. I think the last summer I worked at the sheriff's dept, there were about 7 people that drowned in one month. Well, on to happier thoughts...I loved the way this turned out so very green, if it weren't for the darned power lines, it would be awesome! It had just rained, and everything had that fresh, crisp look on...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the green too.  It looks like a lovely spot.  I know what you mean about the power lines...it seems that they intentially place them to obstruct a beautiful view.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! But a very sad story. : (

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful.....and as we know, just goes to show some of the world's ugliest things happen in the most beautiful places...

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Ach.  Stupid power lines!!!  LoL  I've had some shots ruined by those darned things before too.  You could photoshop them out, but it's not worth all the work.  This is still a great shot.  Really beautiful.  Makes me want to jump right in!  [Until you mentioned the drowning.. then I decided I'll pass.  LoL]

Anonymous said...

that is very pretty, excellent capture

Anonymous said...

I love totally green landscapes like this. Drowning's not good, tho'  !!!  --Albert