Tuesday, June 8, 2004

The Stick Flowers

    

Ok, awhile back I mentioned that my aunt had these big blooms that sprouted off of a stick in her yard. These would be the flowers. She calls them the twin towers, because she has no idea what they are either. They are really pretty, and as you can see by the last one, critters love 'em! (First time I have ever seen a lightning bug and a spider co-habitat...was kinda strange....) Anyway, does anyone know what they are?

Also, Conz mentioned that she liked these little buttony flowers in one of my entries, so I thought I would put this full size pic of them up. They are really pretty and petite, only about an inch across. They are...um...crawling something-or-other...I so am not good with names. I just call 'em buttons. It works. This one's for you, Conzo love. mwah!

I am off to Music City (Nashville...home....) for some good times, good music, and a lil' R & R away from Alabama...(yay!)  Some people call it FanFair...I don't care what it's called now as long as I am present. You guys have a great week! Christie

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call them surprise lilies around here....

Anonymous said...

Awwww thanks for the bigger picture!  I love it!
I have no idea what the other ones are though.
Gonna miss you this week!  Have a great time!
-Conz

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers....not sure what they are called.
Have fun back at Nashville :)

Anonymous said...

What great pics. Unfortunately I don't know what they are, but they sure are pretty.

Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I have know clue what they are either. LOL  (besides being REALLY pretty) : )! Have a great time in Nashville!!! & Take LOTS of pics!

Anonymous said...

Some kind of lily perhaps?  Beautiful.  I wanna see the bug one up close! :D

Anonymous said...

They look like some kind of lily. very pretty

Anonymous said...

I'd say the Lilly like ones are some type of Amaryllis as they bloom in quads or pairs. I have the second one growing, very tiny blooms that I never manage to get right.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your photos!  I'll have to mark this as a favorite place.  :)


http://journals.aol.com/scarletcurlz/Expressions-AJournal/
Trista

Anonymous said...

The 'stick flowers" are some variety of asiatic lilly. I have a lot of them in my yard.  They're spectacular.  I particularly like your little multi colored "button flowers".  I haev no idea what the are, but they are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!   Absolutely breathtaking!  

What are those little purple/yellow flowers?  I am totally in love with them!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the lilies. The little button flowers are, I think, Lantana.  
Anne