Thursday, August 12, 2004

S

This is back on a one-lane road---one of the few that are left---in one of the areas that is still owned by families of the people who first settled this area. the woods are safe until they are gone, and hopefully their children will feel the same way about this land. most of the woods in my area are being ravaged to build new subdivisions and golf courses with quarter-mill homes scattered throughout... it is good to be able to go back in this area and just chill every once in awhile (even if it is posted no trespassing...hehehe).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So serene. Not many places left that have that peaceful feeling.

Anonymous said...

Really nice B&W.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful!  I love black and white photos!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

You take beautiful black & whites!! what an inspirational place. Simply lovely!
Heather~

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED GOING PROFESSIONAL??? I'VE BEEN ADDICTED TO YOUR BLOG THE MOMENT I SET EYES ON IT!!! AWESOME WORK!
JEN

Anonymous said...

HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED GOING PROFESSIONAL??? I'VE BEEN ADDICTED TO YOUR BLOG THE MOMENT I SET EYES ON IT!!! AWESOME WORK!
JEN

Anonymous said...

I just love black and white photos.  Such a simple
elegance they have.  I know how you feel about
the devastation of our forests and things.  This area
where we live was once full of beautiful trees...
I slowly see them disappearing, and it makes me sad.
Lovish!
Conz

Anonymous said...

Love this black and white shot, really lets you see the detail without being distracted by color.  

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful black and white.  I do love working with black and whites.
Monica

Anonymous said...

..this looks like a storybook!

E

Anonymous said...

I love this Christie, It's beautiful! : ) (Black & whites are my favorite!)