Sunday, August 8, 2004

Overlook

This is the lowest overlook point on Mt. Cheaha....my house is nestled just over the 4th row of hills....see it? hehe we had a real scare tonight...my sister was visiting and we smelled something burning---all of a sudden the house starts filling with smoke. i called 911 and told them i thought my house might be on fire, and here came the calvary!! five minutes later there were four full size fire trucks and a small pumper outside my house...not bad for the sticks, eh? LUCKILY, the Mother had thrown out some cigarette butts into the trash and had forgotten (give her a break, she's eighty!), so the only casualty was the trash can. i don't think i have ever been so angry and relieved at the same time in my life. homeless does not appeal to me... the firemen were gracious, and jumped in their big trucks and drove away. meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Mother's allowance has been suspended for at least a month. no red hat luncheon for her in august!! ::::spank spank:::::

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

How gorgeous!!   And I'm glad all is well and you still have your home!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I had to laugh at this entry...I about spewed pepsi all over the place with the comment about "the mother"  lolol!  

Be blessed....Trina
http://journals.aol.com/trinainmobile/reflections

Anonymous said...

LOL... poor Mom. Pretty picture.

Anonymous said...

you are too funny, I think momma better be nuch more careful....great picture wow i am jealous i wanna live there.

Anonymous said...

how very lovely! So sorry about the fire scare....... so glad it ended well. Well, except for your Mom's allowance that is..... Have a wonderful day!!!! love, judi

Anonymous said...

You live in such a beautiful area!


Monica

Anonymous said...

I always loved this view...
-Conz

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Photo!!! I know what your going through with your mom! Hang in there Christie! (lol @ the red hat luncheon comment) ~Ann : )

Anonymous said...

What beauty your surrounded by!! WOW
Heather~