Sunday, August 29, 2004

August Full Moon....sorta

Try as i may, this was the best i could get tonight. just wasn't in the cards...funny how the flare is exactly the detail i want, just kinda...strange. i have no idea how it happened, or why (thus the 'amatuer' billing). i just thought it was kinda cool...

Full Fruit or Barley Moon - August The names Fruit and Barley were reserved only for those years when the Harvest Moon is very late in September. (AOL)

For anyone who does not believe in the truths surrounding full moon madness, just let me say that tonight was---for a sunday---maniacal. strange how you get engrossed with something at work, then come home and see it on the news. funnier still how something happens at work, and the media has it in their hands an hour later. i believe the headline was 'decomposed body found under house in shallow grave'. yeah, that was it. they knew what it was before our investigators did...hmph. nothin' but madness around here tonight....nothing but...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you're gonna have a storm in about three days.  A halo around the moon indicates rain....lol...believe it or not, I found out thats true!  Cool picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool!  Wish my digital could do something like that... my Minolta is busted so I am exclusively shooting with my 5 year old obsolite Sony.  In the retail business we are very superstitious about the full moon, not so much for our selves but for how our customers react.  Its like they look at the calendar, see its going to be a full moon so they rush out to the stores to cause havoc, knowing that it is expected.

Anonymous said...

I know that I am feeling crazy in the air.....

Anonymous said...

Love your moon photo. I know what you mean about the shadow moon, I had several turn out the same way. Had one turn out very good, so check it out
http://journals.aol.com/kokoapuffy1/WhirledPiece

I also believe in Full Moon Madness, I worked in a Nursing Home on the 3rd shift. And Full Moons were always very busy nights, no one could sleep!

Anonymous said...

That's MUCH better than any moon photo I've tried.  I love that shadow effect!  

Anonymous said...

pretty....neatoooo

Anonymous said...

Way cool chicklet!!!
Heard about the "bones" in the area last night.
Full moon madness indeed!
Lovish!
Conz

Anonymous said...

Cool!!! I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again...You take awesome pictures!!!
Martina

Anonymous said...

Great moon picture.  Wow, about work.  I think some media and investigators should work together.  Then again...