Sunday, January 16, 2005

Hearty

The Mother's camelia bush is in full bloom.... during some of the coldest temps we've had in Alabama. (Yes, I know the people in the north are saying "Wah. Yeah, it gets really cold down there..." LOL!) Not supposed to bloom out until February, but it is all acolor right now. I am grateful for it's beauty in the DEAD of winter, because there is hardly any colorful vegetation around right now. :::sigh::: This is my least favorite time of year, but these flowers have really made me look forward to spring!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beaut!!   Nancy

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean!  Everything is all brown and dead around here!  I am loving seeing some color!!!
Beautiful Christie!
Conz

Anonymous said...

I would be happy with even one flower!!!  Man, now I have to go out and buy some lovely little plant to perk up my house!  Everything is brown.....or white because of the snow!  LOL

Tracy
http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/ARoseByAnyOtherName/
http://journals.aol.com/sasonalmah/whatlightbreaks/

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am in TX and I have not seen much color lately, except for those Red Berries (I don't know what they are called). This is Beautiful. Thanks for Sharing.
Kate~

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous shot, C! : )

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, love the color. Making me wish I were someplace WARM...we have had snow all day today.