Monday, January 10, 2005

Departures

Last night, westbound on US 78, but still inside the city limits... I noticed all the planes departed, and a few departing. Made for a beautiful sunset, and an unbelievable longing to be on one of them---going anywhere. Have you ever hit that point in your year where you wish you were anywhere but where you are....doing anything but what you are doing? Well, it must be my time of year. I have that gnawing deep in my chest...I feel like my wheels are forever spinning...and spinning....and...

What's more... my horoscope:

Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

Your imagination is stirring up new recipes now, for what is normally just escapism or fantasy can take on a very real tone. In fact, it may be difficult for you to separate the fruits of your labors from the fruitloops of your own irrational fears and longings. Rely on friends and associates to give you the reality checks that you need for the next month.

Friends? Associates? Family? Reality check, anyone??? Unrequited wanting makes for a miserable Gator. <sigh> This too shall pass.....such is life. Fruitloops, anyone?

*Update on this entry.... Leave it to Conz to eat up those fruitloops for me. Her family is enduring a really hard time...my hard time is nothing next to this...absolutely nothing. Thanks for shaking me back to reality, Connie...I love you. I am praying for that precious child. C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl.  I just got a call from my Sister who had just gotten off the phone with my nephew.  Jonah has started waking up a little bit he said, and seemed to recognize his favorite little squishy book which is a good thing.
It's still too early to tell anything else right now, but we'll just keep on praying!  Thank you so much sweetie!
I'll keep you posted.
Conz

Anonymous said...

C, Incredible photo! I know exactly how you feel. I get the same way, the ansy feeling  comes & goes. Thanks for the heads up on Connie. Lubs ya!!! ~Ann

Anonymous said...

Great photo!  And great sentiments expresses...albeit sad.  Yes, this too shall pass.  I too am having a bit of a rough time.  Hang tough!!   Nancy

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning sunset, I am speechless. Unrequited wanting, and reality checks...going to be a long winter.