Monday, July 12, 2004

One of my faves

This cross is on the northern roof of my favorite church (for its beauty) in this town. our town is home to several thousand (...ok, maybe i am exaggerating just a bit...but only a bit, mind you) churches. this is one i pass every morning on my way to work, and i just love the way it is tucked into downtown. it looks small, but in actuality it takes up the better part of a block...this is only the front.

the entire building is made old rock style...it is really beautiful. the grounds and courtyard are gorgeous as well, but there was a wreck on that side of the building today and i didn't want to add to the commotion....maybe later...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful church! : )

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!!! The Cathedrals in Germany are awesome too, but you're right - just to look at.
XOXO....Kelli

Anonymous said...

that is so cool, u sure have an eye for shots. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful photography!

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful church!! I love the shots...
Heather~

Anonymous said...

Great photo Christie.  I love old churches, they have such wonderful architectural details to them.  

Anonymous said...

I just love old churches and cathedrals. Thanks for sharing! judi

Anonymous said...

BeeUtiFull picture.  I wanted my own church once. was gonna call it Sister Cathy's House o Worship. I was even going to supply Tamborines... hehehe

Anonymous said...

Awesome C!....just gorgeous!

E

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the top of the church.  It speaks to me in a way I can't quite put my finger on.  Well done.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, this is beautiful.........i love this picture.