Saturday, October 2, 2004

Mom in her Hat...

WARNING
"When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn't go and doesn't suit me...."--Jenny Joseph

The mother had a red hat luncheon today, and I managed to drag out of bed early enough to grab a couple of pictures of our 'Diamonds in Red'. The Diamonds went to a small tea parlor and then went craft shopping. She had a blast, of course.

  

These are the Diamond founders: mom, her friend Faye, and my Aunt Shirley (yes, the aunt with the wicked cool green thumb!). The only hitch in the plan was that the Mother's purple shirt (with red hat iron on, of course) was lacking half of its appliques, so she compromised with a plaid (i think her words were "dammit, dammit, dammit!"). Unbeknownst to her, I sat down today and ordered her a new and better shirt for the next outing....  Kids...ya just can't please 'em. hehehe

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Sis, see what we have to look forward to...I see ya almost got her to smile in one pic...TC..Luv ya

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful angel mom!!!  And FINALLY!!!  The famous red hat!  Stylish and adorable!  Thanks for getting up early - it was well worth it!  Lots of love to you and the angel mom!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!
LOVE IT!!!!!!
Kate

Anonymous said...

LOL!  C, Love your family photo's. And what a 'sweet daughter' you are, to get her a new shirt. :P  Deborah

Anonymous said...

I have a vender that sells nothing but stuff for the red hat sociaty.... very cute

Anonymous said...

Wow...this may just be one of my favorite photos of yours!  You really captured something special in that first photo.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!  I belong to a Red Hat Society chapter too (I'm the chapter "Queen") Lots of fun.  Your mom and others look so adorable!  Thanks for sharing.  How sweet of you to get your Mom a new shirt too.

Anonymous said...

This is my favorite of all your photos Bravo!

Anonymous said...

Your Mom looks great in her Red hat!
Purple shirt and all!
You slay me girlfriend!  
Lovish!
Conz

Anonymous said...

I love this ! Your mom is lucky to have you!!! : )

Anonymous said...

too darn cute if ya ask me

Anonymous said...

This is soooooo neat..what a great site you have..love it Christie..
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Love the photograph of your Mom....... tell her I said..... "You go Girl!!!" :):) judi

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of your Mother.  She looks like a woman with a purpose -- such terrific eyes! Thanks for sharing these pictures...

Neil