Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Happy Early Birthday, Mom

One of the Mother's beautiful plants....received at her party:

The whole clan got together for a family reunion last Saturday....and unbeknownst to the Mother---a SURPRISE birthday party. My job was to get her there kinda late (and anyone who knows me, knows that this was NOT hard for me to do <grin>). It went off without a hitch. She was beaming, more so than I have seen her since my father died. I don't think I have seen her smile that much in almost two years. The rest of the family and extended families had a wonderful time as well. Since it was held at the FOP lodge, the sight of many of my co-horts get togethers for "UNWINDING"...it was familiar. I sat outside mostly, staring at the lake and trying not to spread my crud around to anyone else (I felt so bad I did not even take my camera...anyone who knows me knows that means I didn't feel well AT ALL).

Luckily, my pro photographer aunt was there, and got plenty of memorable snaps. She took all the photos in the collage below (all of my mom grinning....and of course my favorite was thrown in for good measure---my nephew Edward and his son, Nick. The emotion captured in these is just.......I love these pictures!!!)

                 

                   Above photos courtesy of Marianne Venegoni © 2004

A HUGE shout out and hugs to my aunts and cousin for organizing this get-together. It was much, much appreciated. You did an AWESOME job!!! Thank you SO MUCH. I love you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty!  The flowers and your angel mom!!!  I love this entry, christie!

Thanks for sending me the special alerts to your entries, btw.  I love that!!  Otherwise, I would miss out on very sweet, special entries like this one!  (you know how slow I am getting around to journals on my own :) )

Much love to you, chick!!!!!    Anna

Anonymous said...

This made me SMILE, what a beautiful entry for an obviously beautiful mom. :-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mom!

Monica
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/SmilinMonsAdventures/
http://journals.aol.com/sonensmilinmon/MamarazziInAction

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers, and enjoyed the collage. Your Mom looks sssooo happy. Too bad you weren't feeling better. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Wow..the flower shot is beautiful! I'm glad your feeling better, glad Sis had so much fun. It was a nice day and I hope all enjoyed it as much as I did, it was nice seeing her so excited. Sorry you felt bad, I knew you were quite most of the day.
Now things are better!  ;0)
Marianne

Anonymous said...

Love the photos C.  Happy Birthday Christies Mom!!!! : ) : ) : )