Monday, May 31, 2004

From my aunt's garden

        

My aunt said that she thought this was a special breed of amaryllis that her mother had once planted in their yard. There is only one plant like it in the garden, and it usually puts out 2-3 blooms a year. Any attempts to transplant new growth have failed, but this one plant persists---must've been her mother's touch.

Personally, I don't care what species it is---I think it is a flawless example of the beauty that we sometimes miss on the way out the door in a rush to get into life. I was leaving for work today, and it was starting to sprinkle---so everything was overcast and gray---when this brilliant flash of color caught the corner of my left vision. Needless to say, I jumped out to beat the rain to this gorgeous eye candy (just barely, mind you...haha). These are the snaps that resulted. 

My aunt is ecstatic that I was able to preserve and get them printed for her this year---her living room has similar splashes of peach, salmon, and buttery yellows...a very warm room. Hopefully, this will add a touch of color to the wall and a touch of her mother's memory to the room...

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, gorgeous, breathtaking!!!

Anonymous said...

It's almost like a melon color. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

very pretty! You can see some of the drops of rain on them too :)

Anonymous said...

These are BEAUTIFUL!!!!
Kate

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful color, I love all the little wild flowers in the back ground too.

Anonymous said...

Aww! How sweet! Very beautiful! God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

very awesome shot

Anonymous said...

I have something similar. Amaryllis are great fun.

Anonymous said...

oooooooooo, I love THAT COLOR!!!!!....once again, awesome pic!

Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

It is some kind of lily...very lovely.

Anonymous said...

It is some kind of lily...very lovely.