Saturday, December 11, 2004

Christmas Diamonds in the Red

The Mother's Red Hat Society Chapter in all their Christmas glory. They posed for the local paper yesterday in this convertible on the way to Bessemer for a day of tea and shopping. I tackled venturing with the "Diamonds in the Red" yesterday, and was EXHAUSTED when we got back. It was a lot of fun though. I hope I have an iota of the festiveness of these women when I reach their age. There was laughter heard by one or more every minute of the trip. This wasn't the best posed candid, but it was my favorite---as it was one of those moments when laughter rang out instead of a stiff pose...like the one that will probably grace the front page of the Star in the near future. Don'tcha just love the boa fan? Mom is in the front seat of the car with the dealership owner (the one with the big ol' light reflection across his face...I told you, not the best pic---but the most fun).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

makes me look forward to the day...
Marti

Anonymous said...

What a great and fun picture!!   Made me smile on a dreary day...   Nancy

Anonymous said...

Darling!!....what spunk...hope I am still kicking it at that age...just like that!

XOXOX

E

Anonymous said...

wow thats totally cool, i hope im that happy at that age!

Anonymous said...

This is the picture that should be in the paper. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. Were you also decked out in Red and Purple?

Anonymous said...

The fun pics ARE the best pics!!! I absolutely love this shot, C! Way to catch a happy moment! : )

Anonymous said...

Now THATS a festive picture for sure!
I'm so glad your Mom is in this society!
She looks like she is having a blast!
Lovish!
Conz

Anonymous said...

I lovei it!!! I haven't joined a club yet but I have a red coat and a scarf, white with red hats and purple scarfs, Its so fun!

Anonymous said...

bless them all, I love your photo! judi